The City contracts with Borden Waste-Away for trash removal and recycling.
For more information please visit Borden Residential Trash & Recycling information
- Weekly trash pick-up with a 96-gallon cart. A second 96-gallon cart will be available for an extra $7.50 a month.
- If you would prefer a smaller 65-gallon cart instead of a 96-gallon cart, that will be available free of charge upon request
- Any bag outside the cart must-have “bag tags” on the neck of the bag for the driver to pick them up. These tags are available at Martin’s Supermarket for only $1.50 each
- Odd trash items will be picked up free of charge from each resident every month (2 items a month)
- These items need to be pre-scheduled between Monday and Thursday and will only be picked up on Friday.
- This will be in place of Spring/Fall clean-up days.
- Items containing Freon will not be picked up unless they are certified Freon-free
- Recycling is available for an extra fee and includes a 96-gallon cart
- Serviced every other week on your normal trash route.
- Please call Borden to set up a recycling account and you will be billed directly from Borden.
- Click here to see the recycling calendar
- Located next to Martin’s Supermarket is the Nappanee Recycling Center where you can drop off your recyclables for free
Please have your trash out and available to the driver by 6:00am on your service day with the cart placed no more than 3 feet from the curb and the handle toward the house. The opening should be toward the road for proper service.
Residents with questions regarding service, cart repairs, scheduling for large items, and requests for different sized or additional carts should call Borden Waste-Away Customer Support at 1-800-386-3313
In the event of inclement weather, trash and recycling services will run a day behind (i.e. if Monday service is canceled, Monday customers are serviced Tuesday).