The Nappanee Police Department is currently accepting applications for full time Police Officers.
Salary Rate for 2019 is $22.77/HR for Probationary Patrolman — $24.62/HR for 1st Class Patrolman.
Applications may be picked up during normal business hours. Arrangements may also be made for applications to be emailed by contacting (574) 773-4111 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
All completed applications must be returned in person or by U.S. Mail to:
Nappanee Police Department
301 W. Lincoln St.
Nappanee, IN 46550
All Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a resident citizen of the United States
- Must be 21 years old to apply and not have reached their 36th birthday by date of appointment (waiver given to Military Retirees)
- Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Valid driver’s license
- No Felony convictions or Misdemeanor convictions involving domestic violence
- Cannot have been dishonorably discharged from the military
- Must pass a mandatory drug screening test
Consideration for employment requires applicant pass a written examination, departmental interview, background investigation, polygraph, and medical and psychological examinations.
Any employment opportunity offered requires attendance and successful completion of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy (Lateral Transfers excluded) along with a required police department training program.
Deadline: January 31, 2019