Create Community through People, Parks and Programs is the vision of Nappanee Parks & Recreation.
Our vision is based on the belief that through quality recreation programs, facilities and people, a vibrant and dynamic community will be created and continually enhanced.
Our mission is to provide our community & patrons with the highest level of programs, facilities and services that will positively affect our vision of creating community. We have broken our mission into specific areas designed to provide us with direction and guidance for developing and evaluating programs, facilities and services. These mission areas include:
- Provide Diversified Recreational and Educational Programs
- Promote Health and Wellness
- Strengthen Community Image and Sense of Place
- Efficiently utilize resources and demonstrate fiscal responsibility
- Develop and Cultivate Partnerships
- Support Economic Development
- Protect Environmental Resources
- Increase Cultural Unity
Are you looking to sign-up for an event or rent a facility? Please visit nappaneeparks.recdesk.com for more information.
Nappanee Parks & Recreation will host a Public Forum to discuss their Master Plan on September 12 at 6:30pm at West Park Pavilion, 500 N. Nappanee Street. Residents are encouraged to attend to give opinions for future development and needs of the park system.
In addition to the meeting, an online public survey is available by clicking here.
Feel free to review our past 2013-2017 Master Plan