In addition to on-site programs, Elder Haus will transport seniors within the city limits to doctor’s appointments, the grocery store, the bank, etc. The transportation service is available from 9am to 3:30pm weekdays, but please call 574-773-2424 1-2 days in advance to schedule a van ride. Payment is not required!
Please Review the Transportation Policy Below:
- In order to schedule transportation, please call 24-48 hours in advance. Every effort will be made to schedule you, according to priority. Our first priority is medical, dental, and prescriptions (which must be called in ahead of time). Second priority is transportation to the grocery store or food pantry. Third priority is business affairs, such as bank, post office, etc.
- When calling to schedule, please limit your trips to two (2) per day. We try to accommodate as many people as possible.
- Please be ready on time. Our drivers will not come to your door, so please be watching. They will honk and wait three (3) minutes. If you are not coming out, they will then go to the next scheduled stop. We try to make sure everyone gets to their appointments on time.
- If you go shopping, you will need to limit the number of bags to a total of six (6). For example, 6 bags; or 5 bags and one gallon of milk; or 4 bags and a case of pop and a gallon of milk. Total of 6. Our drivers try to stay on schedule and also have space for everyone’s shopping items.
- The drivers are not permitted to enter your home. They may carry your items to the door, or set them right inside the door.
- Drivers have a lunch break from 11:30-12:15. If you are finished with an appointment during this time please be patient until their break is over.
Our goal at the Elder Haus is to provide you with the best transportation service possible. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns and call us at (574) 773-2424.