Meeting: 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:00pm at City Hall Council Chambers
*If you wish to attend a Plan Commission meeting, please contact a representative at City Hall to confirm that a meeting will be held. There are instances where there are no appeals and meetings do not take place.
Responsibilities: The Plan Commission’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Keeping complete records of all proceedings;
- Recording and filling all bonds and contracts; and assuming responsibility for the custody and preservation of all its paper and documents;
- Preparing, publishing, and distributing reports, ordinances, and other materials relating to authorized activities;
- Certifying all official acts;
- Supervising its fiscal affairs, including preparation, submission, and adherence to an annual budget;
- Issuing recommendations to the Nappanee City Council;
- Initiating proposed amendments to the zoning ordinance, and reviewing all proposed amendments to the zoning ordinance brought by the public;
- Reviewing all Historic Preservation Overlay Districts;
- Reviewing all development plans for proposed Planned Unit Development; and
- Reviewing all parking plans.
- Planning and Zoning information
The Nappanee Plan Commission helps manage the city’s growth and development. The Plan Commission also helps the City Council develop and update City Ordinances, the Comprehensive Plan, the Thoroughfare Plan, and other long-range plans for housing, transportation, neighborhood development, parks, commercial development, and public facilities. The Plan Commission consists of 7 voting members.
To contact any of these members please call Nappanee City Hall at 574-773-2112