Wado Kai Karate
June 9 @ 2:00 pm - December 4 @ 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:00 pm on Tuesday and Thursday, repeating indefinitely
This is an ongoing class for anyone 8 years old or older. Classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00-8:00 PM at Central School.
Cost is $25.00 per month. The 1st month is due at time of registration.
Additional class fees will be due monthly at the first class each month.
Wado Kai is a fast, fluid style which emphasizes body movements in evasion. Evasion is stressed rather than meeting brute force head on. The techniques are light and quick. The student defends by using deflective movements, and either accompanies it with a simultaneous counterattack or follows it up with an immediate counter-strike. Twisting the hip is emphasized to generate power for the quick, snappy techniques.
Instructor Jim has 39 years of experience studying and teaching, is a 5th degree black belt and is a member of J.K.F. Wado-Kai.
Instructor Bill has over 30 years of experience and is a 3rd degree black belt. He has a background in Kyokushin-Kai karate.
This class has been taught in Nappanee for the past 20 years.
Events Posting Policy
Events for this calendar should:
- be located within the City of Nappanee
- be non-partisan and non-political
- provide entertainment, food or other attractions to a diverse population
- promote the economic benefits of tourism or enhance the quality of life of the community
- be open to the general public (for free or cost)
- be organized for non-commercial and not for profit events registered with an approve special use permit (for example, farmer’s market)
All submissions are reviewed by the Director of Community Outreach before posting to the City’s Community Calendar. The City has the discretion to determine which public events will be included in the calendar.