Plays, Operas, Fables, and Frolic Walking Tour
July 8, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Nappanee has had its fair share of places of entertainment. Plays, Operas, Fables, and Frolic looks at the entertainment of Nappanee in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Learn about the Fairy Theater, The Auditorium, the Community Building and all of the different halls that were at the center of Nappanee’s entertainment. While many are gone, you will find out that the one still around today fits its description of when it opened in 1926. Come learn about what Nappanee residents did to keep themselves busy before the internet and social media.
Registration for this event will close on July 1, 2021 @ 11:59pm
Register at nappanee.librarycalendar.com/events/plays-opera-fables-and-frolic-walking-tour
Events Posting Policy
Events for this calendar should:
- be located within the City of Nappanee
- be non-partisan and non-political
- provide entertainment, food or other attractions to a diverse population
- promote the economic benefits of tourism or enhance the quality of life of the community
- be open to the general public (for free or cost)
- be organized for non-commercial and not for profit events registered with an approve special use permit (for example, farmer’s market)
All submissions are reviewed by the Director of Community Outreach before posting to the City’s Community Calendar. The City has the discretion to determine which public events will be included in the calendar.