Plain and Fancy
July 31 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:00 pm on Wednesday and Saturday, repeating until October 12, 2019
In a brand new staging for our 33rd production of the perennial favorite, a New Yorker and his sophisticated girlfriend drive to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, to sell a piece of property. Here they meet Amish folk, whose puzzling English speech, clothes and habits haven’t changed for centuries. The clash of cultures educates and entertains in this quaint musical comedy. And the lives of both the Amish and English are changed by the time they share together. We hope you will be, too. Plain and Fancy was the first Broadway show for author Joseph Stein who each went on to win a Tony award for “Fiddler on the Roof.” This 2019 production marks the 33rd anniversary year that The Round Barn Theatre has produced “Plain and Fancy” making it the longest running annually produced musical in America.
Events Posting Policy
Events for this calendar should:
- be located within the City of Nappanee
- be non-partisan and non-political
- provide entertainment, food or other attractions to a diverse population
- promote the economic benefits of tourism or enhance the quality of life of the community
- be open to the general public (for free or cost)
- be organized for non-commercial and not for profit events registered with an approve special use permit (for example, farmer’s market)
All submissions are reviewed by the Director of Community Outreach before posting to the City’s Community Calendar. The City has the discretion to determine which public events will be included in the calendar.