Pancake Benefit Breakfast
July 17, 2021 @ 6:30 am - 10:30 am
Breakfast donations welcome! All proceeds will help the family cover funeral expenses.
James (Jim) A. Beck, Ossian, formerly of Goshen died Thursday, July 1, 2021. He served in the U.S. Navy. On leaving the Navy, Jim became a Firefighter/EMT for Kendallville, Topeka, and Ligonier. James was owner/operator of ASAP Fire Protection and Can-Do Pressure Cleaning both in Topeka. He was a 1979 graduate of Goshen High School. James was a Fire Investigator, 911 dispatcher, LA County Sheriff Chaplain, and a published author “South West Pacific Motor Torpedo Boats.”
He enjoyed making wooden flags, collecting fire and Navy memorabilia, he also enjoyed cooking, and gardening. He was a huge fire history and Navy buff. He loved spending time with family, grandchildren, and friends.
Events Posting Policy
Events for this calendar should:
- be located within the City of Nappanee
- be non-partisan and non-political
- provide entertainment, food or other attractions to a diverse population
- promote the economic benefits of tourism or enhance the quality of life of the community
- be open to the general public (for free or cost)
- be organized for non-commercial and not for profit events registered with an approve special use permit (for example, farmer’s market)
All submissions are reviewed by the Director of Community Outreach before posting to the City’s Community Calendar. The City has the discretion to determine which public events will be included in the calendar.