Homes of the Kitchen Industry: Walking Tour
July 19, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Put on your walking shoes and join us as we hit the pavement and learn more about the houses that were built for and by the men of the “Kitchen Industry.” A guide will lead you through the Historic East District. Admire the homes from the streets as you learn more about them and the people who built them. The tour will begin at the Nappanee Public Library.
This walking tour is made possible through a Historic Preservation Education grant from Indiana Landmarks, Indiana Humanities, and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Register by July 12 by calling 574-773-7919 or visit nappaneelibrary.org
Events Posting Policy
Events for this calendar should:
- be located within the City of Nappanee
- be non-partisan and non-political
- provide entertainment, food or other attractions to a diverse population
- promote the economic benefits of tourism or enhance the quality of life of the community
- be open to the general public (for free or cost)
- be organized for non-commercial and not for profit events registered with an approve special use permit (for example, farmer’s market)
All submissions are reviewed by the Director of Community Outreach before posting to the City’s Community Calendar. The City has the discretion to determine which public events will be included in the calendar.