Homes of the Kitchen Industry Walking Tour
June 3, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Tour around of Houses built for and by the Men of the Kitchen Industry! Have you ever driven through Nappanee and noticed some of the beautiful homes that are speckled along US 6 in the historic east district? Ever wonder what their stories are and who built them? Homes of the Kitchen Industry takes you through this historic area where you’ll learn about the Mutschler, Coppes and Zook family homes, the history behind them and the men who built them. Learn what home in Nappanee was designed by well-known architect E. Hill Turnock and find out what home used to be three floors but now only has two. Discover how one home was relocated to make way for Nappanee’s post office and find out which house in Nappanee was the “house the depression” built You will also learn about how Nappanee was once the “kitchen capital of the world.”
Registration for this event will close on June 27, 2021 @ 11:59pm.
Register at nappanee.librarycalendar.com/events/homes-kitchen-industry-walking-tour
Events Posting Policy
Events for this calendar should:
- be located within the City of Nappanee
- be non-partisan and non-political
- provide entertainment, food or other attractions to a diverse population
- promote the economic benefits of tourism or enhance the quality of life of the community
- be open to the general public (for free or cost)
- be organized for non-commercial and not for profit events registered with an approve special use permit (for example, farmer’s market)
All submissions are reviewed by the Director of Community Outreach before posting to the City’s Community Calendar. The City has the discretion to determine which public events will be included in the calendar.