Demolition, Destruction and Revitalization Walking Tour
July 29, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Nappanee’s downtown has seen many different looks and businesses over the years. Demolition, Destruction and Revitalization explores the town’s transformation. Find out what building burned to the ground and caused many from surrounding areas to speculate that the entire city would go down in flames. Hear about the Community Building, the largest gym in the county before North Side Gym, and why it was torn down and made into a parking lot. Learn how a “hospital” has seen many faces since its original beginning and about the original uses of some of the most popular businesses in Nappanee. You’ll also learn about Nappanee’s Fire department along the way and how they went from hose cart teams to the Smokey Stovers!
Registration for this event will close on July 22, 2021 @ 11:59pm
Register at nappanee.librarycalendar.com/events/demolition-destruction-and-revitalization-walking-tour-1
Events Posting Policy
Events for this calendar should:
- be located within the City of Nappanee
- be non-partisan and non-political
- provide entertainment, food or other attractions to a diverse population
- promote the economic benefits of tourism or enhance the quality of life of the community
- be open to the general public (for free or cost)
- be organized for non-commercial and not for profit events registered with an approve special use permit (for example, farmer’s market)
All submissions are reviewed by the Director of Community Outreach before posting to the City’s Community Calendar. The City has the discretion to determine which public events will be included in the calendar.