Baintertown Park Tour
June 17 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
One event on June 17, 2022 at 1:00 pm
Baintertown Park has multiple layers of history. In this interpretive walk around the site, you will learn about Native American History, the Wyland family who came to the site in 1830’s and developed the area, and the Bainters who arrived in the 1860’s and operated a number of mills. Also, you’ll see the Hydroelectric Plant built, by the Interstate Public Service Company in the 1920’s. Come out to see your history in the parks! Open to all ages at no cost! Meet at Baintertown Park in River Preserve County Park, located at 67380 Co Rd 29 in New Paris.
Events Posting Policy
Events for this calendar should:
- be located within the City of Nappanee
- be non-partisan and non-political
- provide entertainment, food or other attractions to a diverse population
- promote the economic benefits of tourism or enhance the quality of life of the community
- be open to the general public (for free or cost)
- be organized for non-commercial and not for profit events registered with an approve special use permit (for example, farmer’s market)
All submissions are reviewed by the Director of Community Outreach before posting to the City’s Community Calendar. The City has the discretion to determine which public events will be included in the calendar.