Along Came Nappanee: Walking Tour
September 20, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Put on your walking shoes and join us as we hit the pavement! Venture out with a local Nappanee Center museum guide and take a walking tour of Nappanee’s rich history. While you walk through town, learn how Nappanee came along and discover the changes the city has made. Learn more about the old city of Locke and discover what buildings and businesses, that started in Locke, moved to Nappanee once they noted the opportunities for growth. Maybe even learn some old town secrets. Along the way, we’ll talk about the Nappanee vs. Locke feud. The tour will also highlight the four buildings and businesses that made up downtown Nappanee.
Registration is required one week in advance. To register call 574-773-7919 or visit nappaneelibrary.org.
The walking tour is made possible through a Historic Preservation Education Grant from Indiana Landmarks, Indiana Humanities, and the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Events Posting Policy
Events for this calendar should:
- be located within the City of Nappanee
- be non-partisan and non-political
- provide entertainment, food or other attractions to a diverse population
- promote the economic benefits of tourism or enhance the quality of life of the community
- be open to the general public (for free or cost)
- be organized for non-commercial and not for profit events registered with an approve special use permit (for example, farmer’s market)
All submissions are reviewed by the Director of Community Outreach before posting to the City’s Community Calendar. The City has the discretion to determine which public events will be included in the calendar.