46th Annual Apple Festival
September 15 @ 5:00 pm - September 18 @ 5:00 pm
The Nappanee Apple Festival is a celebration of the Nappanee community for residents, businesses and visitors. The Festival embraces the pace of Nappanee by showcasing our hometown heritage through quality events, entertainment, products, services and people. There is live entertainment on two stages, carnival rides, over 150 exhibitors and 20 different food vendors, and a huge parade with an airplane flyover on Saturday morning. Other events include an apple peeling contest, 5K road run, apple pie eating and apple peeling contests, goldfish races, wings & wheels show (cars and airplanes), antique tractor and engine show, napple baking contest, kids & adult pedal pull contests, and a scholarship pageant. Of course you won’t want to miss the popular Napple Store with fresh baked apple dumplings, apple pie, apple butter, apple cider, apple fritter bread, apple turnovers, homemade applesauce and much more! In 2016 and 2013, the Nappanee Apple Festival was chosen as #1 in the State of Indiana in the “Top Ten Fall Festival Signature Food Items” for our 7’ apple pie!
Events Posting Policy
Events for this calendar should:
- be located within the City of Nappanee
- be non-partisan and non-political
- provide entertainment, food or other attractions to a diverse population
- promote the economic benefits of tourism or enhance the quality of life of the community
- be open to the general public (for free or cost)
- be organized for non-commercial and not for profit events registered with an approve special use permit (for example, farmer’s market)
All submissions are reviewed by the Director of Community Outreach before posting to the City’s Community Calendar. The City has the discretion to determine which public events will be included in the calendar.